Semantic Personal Publishing Platform
First Things First
Welcome. WordPress is a very special project to me. Every developer and contributor adds something unique to the mix, and together we create something beautiful that I’m proud to be a part of. Thousands of hours have gone into WordPress, and we’re dedicated to making it better every day. Thank you for making it part of your world.
— Matt Mullenweg
- PHP version 5.2.4 or higher.
- MySQL version 5.0 or higher.
If you have any questions that aren’t addressed in this document, please take advantage of WordPress’ numerous online resources:
- The WordPress Codex
- The Codex is the encyclopedia of all things WordPress. It is the most comprehensive source of information for WordPress available.
- The WordPress Blog
- This is where you’ll find the latest updates and news related to WordPress. Recent WordPress news appears in your administrative dashboard by default.
- WordPress Planet
- The WordPress Planet is a news aggregator that brings together posts from WordPress blogs around the web.
- WordPress Support Forums
- If you’ve looked everywhere and still can’t find an answer, the support forums are very active and have a large community ready to help. To help them help you be sure to use a descriptive thread title and describe your question in as much detail as possible.
- WordPress IRC Channel
- There is an online chat channel that is used for discussion among people who use WordPress and occasionally support topics. The above wiki page should point you in the right direction. (irc.freenode.net #wordpress)
- If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments, or if you (gasp!) found a bug, join us in the Support Forums.
- WordPress has a robust plugin API that makes extending the code easy. If you are a developer interested in utilizing this, see the plugin documentation in the Codex. You shouldn’t modify any of the core code.
Share the Love
WordPress has no multi-million dollar marketing campaign or celebrity sponsors, but we do have something even better—you. If you enjoy WordPress please consider telling a friend, setting it up for someone less knowledgable than yourself, or writing the author of a media article that overlooks us.
WordPress is the official continuation of b2/cafélog, which came from Michel V. The work has been continued by the WordPress developers. If you would like to support WordPress, please consider donating.
WordPress is free software, and is released under the terms of the GPL version 2 or (at your option) any later version. See license.txt.